Senior Center - Living Well United
Helping seniors live life to the fullest!
Living Well United provides an inviting, supportive atmosphere in a facility where seniors gather to build strong relationships and keep their minds and bodies in the best shape possible to age successfully and give back to the rural communities in which they live.
Living Well United is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Offering free senior activities since 2014 using space in the bank basement, churches, the gym, and local restaurants.
NOW, there is a senior center located at 209 W Washington, Le Roy.
Check out the website for pictures of past activities and a calendar of upcoming events.
Weekly events include:
- RetroFit, a senior citizen exercise class for all levels from seated to exercise buff. (in person and on zoom)
- TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) weight management,
- Count Your Miles group. Make your exercise count towards the goal of the week and walk around the USA with us
- Community Care Systems, Inc. (CCSI) 1-3pm on 1st Tuesday of each month. They can help with questions and paperwork for many items. These services offer eligible older adults of Illinois the opportunity to remain in their own homes as an alternative to premature institutionalization in a nursing facility. Community Care Systems, Inc.
- Technology class the last Thursday of each month at 11 a.m.
- Just to name a few!!!!
We also offer many more fun classes that vary by month. Card making classes, Paint Nights, Jewelry making, Pie classes, cookie decorating, gardening, sewing, quilting, and much more.