Building & Zoning

This department is responsible for all building permits and for the inspection of all construction projects (Residential, Commercial and Industrial).  The Le Roy Municipal Code requires that the owner or agent thereof said property apply for a permit and receive approval before a substantial project that usually involves constructing, enlarging, altering, renovating, demolishing, or changing the occupancy of a building or structure. This can even include commonly overlooked things like pools, sheds, fences, and driveways. If you aren’t sure if your project requires a permit then please call City Hall at 309-962-3031.

In addition, the code compliance officer assists residents with zoning issues including providing background information to the zoning board of appeals and the city council.  The code compliance officer will also inspect renovation projects, complaints, apartments (when appropriate) and other miscellaneous code related issues within the community.

Call City Hall for more information 309-962-3031.

Before you dig...

Planning a home improvement job? Planting a tree? Installing a fence or deck?

Whether you are planning to do it yourself or hire a professional, smart digging means calling JULIE at 811 before each job.   Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call – even small projects like planting trees and shrubs.

Call JULIE at 811 at least 48 hours or two business days prior to digging, tell the operator where you’re planning to dig, what type of work you will be doing and your affected local utilities companies will be notified about your intent to dig.   Within that 48 hours or two business days, they’ll send a locator to mark the approximate location of your underground lines, pipes and cables, so you’ll know what’s below – and be able to dig safely.      

JULIE Onine:

Homeowner's Guide

 Building Permit Application        

    Building Permit Handbook                           Zoning Map Demolition Permit App lication                City Code - Codifier Website

 Driveway Permit Application                 

 Electrical Permit Applicatio n 

Moving Permit Application

 Sewer Permit Application                   Sidewalk Permit / Requirements

Street Cut Permit Application             Swimming Pool Regulations   

 Special Sewer Calculation Program 

 Utility Permit  Application 

 Water Connection App lica tion